As well as we having our display boards we wanted to create an atmosphere inside the exhibition that the people visited felt when entering. we chose to do this by creating an entrance walkway for people to come through, which i played a key part in creating.

The aim of the entrance was to give the people entering the exhibition try and give the people entering the exhibition an insight into what it was like exploring these buildings.We made an enclosed passageway that was dimly lit and cut out a board to create an obstacle for the viewer to have to step over.
As a class we had found alot of items that where still left in the buildings, we had decided to use them for our exhibition. I used some of these and placed them in similarly or where you might expect to find them in a building inside the walkway installation. I also put wallpaper over all the board so it would feel more like a room, I wanted it to look as similar to the run down buildings we had been into so I tore away at the wall paper and spray painted words that we had seen spray painted around other buildings.
I had the idea of making an entrance sign to the exhibition with letters from other signs that we had found. I put this above the entrance viewers had to step through.
One of my classmates connected a web cam of the exhibition that was hidden inside a cctv camera with a screen in the walkway which gave the feel that people entered where being watched and i think this worked really well.
In addition to this I also had two boards to display my work on:
No comments:
Post a Comment